No, I'm not making things up this is an actual award, given by bloggers entirely over the internet to another blogger. The word Liebster itself gives much of the award it's value, as it's German translation is 'beloved'. So when I was nominated for such an award where fellow bloggers feel my work is deserving or in other words 'beloved', to say that I'm honored and humbled would be an understatement.
Original Award Logo
Thank you so much for the nomination, Ms. Flo; and for your continued support, as well as your ever thoughtful blog To Inspire Us.
For any and all official questions, check out The Global Aussie for more info on the actual award and the process for entrees
Basically, once you are nominated, you thank the person who nominated you and answer the alotted questions given to you. Then, nominate between 5-11 other bloggers, and provide them with your own set of questions to answer (generally about 11 questions). In the post you must display the award and when everything is said and done, you let your nominees know aboout their recent nomination.
It sounds a bit more complicated on paper than it really is, so like anything in life, I find it's best to just dive in.
Let's face it, all of us bloggers know how difficult it can be to get the word out about our blogs so this is also a wonderful way to network with your community.
- Who is the most important person in the world to you? -Well,, this is a tricky one. As a tried and true daddy's girl and no family of my own yet, off the top of my head, I would say, my father. However, through this past year, I have learned that there is nothing wrong with putting myself first in my own life and have since been trying to live in that mindset. No ego involved, just genuine self-acceptance and love. So I suppose the most important person in my world right now,, is me.
- How can you change someone's life for the better today? -This is hard because most days I feel like I don't even have two nickels to rub together. However, simply being kind in such a ruthless world can really make the biggest difference to anyone's day. I am a firm believer that if you want to see a true magic trick, you should find someone and compliment them in some way; they will smile, you will smile and both of you will go on the rest of the day happily surprised by the magic of kindness....wow that sounded cheesy but it's SO true!
- What are the times when you are most inspired, most motivated, most charged up? -I am most inspired, motivated and charged while spending time in nature. Most of my blogs involve some aspect of nature and growing up in Northern Arizona really gave me a strong appreciation for the natural world and our place in it.
- What is your purpose in life? What is your mission? -I don't know if I know my purpose yet, but I know my passion. I read once that to find your purpose you must first find your passion...baby steps.
- 5 empowering beliefs you can take on to help you achieve your goals.
- If you want different results, you have to do different things
- "My failures are lack of judgment, not intent"
- Fall 7 times stand up 8
- I can do anything I put my mind to
- Rome wasn't built in a day - all good things take time and effort and sometimes the day by day work seems to drag on, but before you know it, brick by brick you've laid an entire foundation.
- What bad habits do you want to break? -I drink an unreasonable amount of Mt. Dew. Yes...it's terrible. I know, I know. Please lul the peanut gallery.
- What do you fear most in life? -Wow, this is a difficult one for me. I'm about to get a little more personal than I tend to. Almost all of my family lives in the midwest; aunts, uncles cousins. My parents moved to Arizona met in their early 20's and essentially never looked back. In the late 80's they gave birth to me in a hospital in Northern Arizona. At the age of four my grandfather on my father's side passed away from a heart attack and ten years later my very last living grandparent on my mother's side passed away.
Within the span of a decade, I watched my parents mourn the loss of not just one, but both of their parent's. Of course, I mourned too. Even so at that young age, I didn't take it nearly as hard as my folks did. I grew up promising myself that I wouldn't let that happen to me. I don't have siblings in the traditional sense that so many people do, and I surely didn't want to live so far away that my parent's and I became almost strangers.
I now know that no matter how much time I have with them, when that time does come...no amount will have been sufficient. .......now I'm in tears. I told you, I don't like getting this personal. Now as I approach my 30's and see life a little differently, my biggest fear is that I won't have my own family. That in an effort to keep this promise to myself to stay close to my parent's, I inadvertently gave up any shot of having my own family. (to anyone with more than 28 years of life experience if you are reading this and smiling thinking I still have plenty of time, I get ya. Hey, it's that quarter-life crisis talking.) At any rate, that's my biggest fear.
sorry for the rant, just a few more answers to go through
- If you have $1mil what do you do with it? -Medical bills for one and some set aside for myself, but I would probably go broke pretty quickly with donations
- For every experience, you get: What are the biggest things you have learned? -The biggest thing I have learned is that you should always be learning. Constantly looking for the value of the situation and what it can teach you about life ahead or what it tells you about the things you have already experienced. I have learned that I'm still learning.
- What is your top priority right now? -I would really love to make the jump into writing as a full time and long-term career.
- What are you passionate about? -I am passionate about life and love. Also pretty passionate about pizza but I think everyone is; that's why they found a way to make it out of cauliflower.
Holy sigh of relief, Batman!
- If every person was born with a spirit animal, what would yours be?
- Imagine ten years from now humans have colonized the Mars, do you stay on Earth, travel to Mars but just to visit, or pack up and move planets? and why?
- Due to some freak accident, you will forever have the last song you heard stuck in your head, what is it, and how long before you go insane?
- Between the money and time to travel the world, or your own private island with everything you need, which would you choose?
- Comic book creator Stan Lee wants to make a superhero based on your life, what is your superhero name and superpower?
- If you had to eat the same meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Would you rather be well known in life, or well remembered in death?
- Is there a difference between being intelligent and being wise? If so, what?
- Is justice a human construct?
- Describe your dream home.
- When you were five, what did you want to be when you grew up?
-And now, for my nominations!
*drum roll please*
Thank you again for the nomination, and best of luck to all of my fellow bloggers!